Dear CentOS Community,

I am experiencing an issue when attempting to install packages using yum on
CentOS 7. When I run the command yum install vim -y, I receive the following
error message:

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Determining fastest mirrors
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock error
was
14: curl#6 - "Could not resolve host: mirrorlist.centos.org; Unknown error"

One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown), and yum doesn't have
enough cached data to continue. At this point the only safe thing yum can do is
fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

    1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.

    2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working
upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer distribution
release than is supported by the repository (and the packages for the previous
distribution release still work).

    3. Run the command with the repository temporarily disabled
           yum --disablerepo=<repoid> ...

    4. Disable the repository permanently, so yum won't use it by default. Yum
will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or
use --enablerepo for temporary usage:
           yum-config-manager --disable <repoid>
        or
           subscription-manager repos --disable=<repoid>

    5. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable.
Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands, so will
have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much slower). If it is
a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice compromise:
           yum-config-manager --save --setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_unavailable=true

Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base/7/x86_64

It seems there is an issue with the baseurl for the repository. I have already
checked my network connection and it is working properly. I also tried updating
the DNS configuration and clearing the yum cache, but the issue persists.

Could someone please provide guidance on how to resolve this issue or point me
to the correct repository configuration? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Nishith