I think it's time to review this thread and
focus on on original question
"I'm having a problem with smb/server"

Not complete but ...
richarde enuciated a few of the design goals the cifs server
from the SMCC days and outlined it's multiple identies.
others expressed their dissatisfaction with Samba
I (pjc) stated a successful use-case in a challenging application.
christopherc talked about Samba's broad range of use cases.
jimk enunciated some of the extra features that the "corporate" world use.

nb. Samba also is an AD replacement and cifs client.
Though relevant, we were just talking about cifs file serving here,

With Windoiws clients, SMB/CIFS tends to be the only network file system,
and in the corporate world, AD is auth platform.

My experience suggests that if you want to serve a few hundred streams
worth of files, b151/S11(.1) you do it in-kernel, sadly Samba 3/4 fails.
If you happen to use AD, then having a uniform view for users, cifs, nfs
and ms-mmc thingys across Windows, Mac and Unix workstations/servers
is what is needed for productiopn systems.
With Nexenta's release of SMB2 patches, I can't see any downsides.

AND I am talking a few 100 TB in-production and growing.

pjc