On 06/ 1/16 06:45 PM, Robert Mustacchi wrote:
On 6/1/16 6:18 , Andy Stormont wrote:

On 1 Jun 2016, at 14:00, Alexander Pyhalov <a...@rsu.ru> wrote:

Hi all...

I've never used ipmi, so stupid question. When I use ipmitool, for example,
"ipmitool -I bmc chassis power status" , it tries to open /dev/bmc, and we
evidently don't have it. But I have /dev/ipmi0. I see https://www.illumos.org/issues/370
is fixed, but how do I use it?

The configure script that they ship needs to be updated to enable OpenIPMI
support on illumos.  You can enable it yourself by hacking up the configure.ac
file and regenerating the configure script.  Also I’m pretty sure that the BMC
stuff is closed source and we don’t have that, so it is probably a good idea to
disable that.

Take a look at
https://github.com/joyent/illumos-extra/tree/master/ipmitool for how we
build it. When we wrote a replacement for the closed driver we opted for
the more general device naming and matching other systems.

Robert

Hi.
I've rebuild ipmitool with following options:

Interfaces
  lan     : yes
  lanplus : yes
  open    : yes
  free    : yes
  imb     : no
  bmc     : no
  usb     : no
  lipmi   : no
  serial  : yes
  dummy   : no

And now ipmitool tries to open /dev/ipmi0:

# truss -t open ipmitool  fru
open("/var/ld/ld.config", O_RDONLY)             Err#2 ENOENT
open("/lib/libc.so.1", O_RDONLY)                = 3
open("/dev/ipmi0", O_RDWR)                      = 3
Could not enable event receiver: Invalid argument

But I receive above error.

However, I can manage server using lan ipmi interface:
# ipmitool -U user -H ip  mc info
Password:
Device ID                 : 32
Device Revision           : 1
Firmware Revision         : 1.85
IPMI Version              : 2.0
Manufacturer ID           : 10876
Manufacturer Name         : Supermicro
Product ID                : 2101 (0x0835)
Product Name              : Unknown (0x835)
Device Available          : yes
Provides Device SDRs      : no
Additional Device Support :
    Sensor Device