Hi Carsten!

Carsten Grzemba via illumos-discuss writes:
> I have a bhyve guest with Solaris 11.4 which uses an e1000g network
> interface. The bhyve host uses 10G ixgbe interfaces and OmniOS.
> I see there high latency values and packet loss. The packet loss could be CRC
> cksum errors related.

[...]

> Other Bhyve guests (openindiana) with vioif interface work without any
> trouble on this host.
> Is this an Solaris or an e1000g related problem? Is it possible to use any
> other IP interfaces than e1000g?

Have you tried the "vtionet" driver provided by Solaris?  This has been
on my list of things to test for quite some time...

Cheers -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt        Consulting and Support for Solaris-based Systems
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH               |   WWW: http://www.bb-c.de/
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY  |         Email: v...@bb-c.de
HR: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513             | Mastodon: @vab@bonn.social
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt