We try to make forms country specific, or dynamically change what
address fields are requested based on country selection. The simplest
version of this being that UK users would be asked for a 'Postcode'
whilst US users would be asked for a 'Zip code'.

We then store addresses as 'address 1', 'address 2', etc rather than
define them further as 'road', 'city', 'county/state', etc. This helps
to keep addresses in the format in which they are natively known.

Doing it this way means (hopefully) that the user is requested for
information in a format that they are used to and then when this is
added to a database it can be returned easily in the correct format
without having to worry about where the user comes from.

I've been trying to find examples but unfortunately all the ones I have
are internal to companies, so hopefully my explanation makes a bit more
sense now!

Just for clarification, what do you mean when you say "tailor"? From the
user's standpoint?
-G

        Our only solution to these problems so far has been to tailor
forms and/or their validation to take account of these nuances. It isn't
a particularly good way of doing it, but was the most open way we have
found of doing it.

        James