trying to put me on the spot?  :-)

I'm not really sure, to be frank.  I'd be interested to talk more
about it, particularly with people more knowledgeable than I am.   If
I think about it in a textbook sense I imagine there being nice
little iterative circles where each sprint involved some amount of
design, testing with prototypes and then concurrent building of
aspects of the design that have already been validated.   In reality,
I am not sure you could get all this going at once - you might have
to alternate sprints, where one is focused more on design and
prototyping and the next on moving development forward.  Or maybe if
you are designing something for web delivery, the future model is
something like what 37 signals proposes - where you are making it
available to the public as you build it and incorporating feedback as
it is received.

I think that the tools we have had to date have not readily lent
themselves to simultaneous revision of design and the code, and I
think that will change moving forward with the introduction of tools
like Thermo, and perhaps Blend (I'm not that familiar with it).

I'm sure some people will roll their eyes at the idea of
simultaneously revising design and code,  as this has obviously
proven to be a bad idea in many instances.  I think it can work if
you are refining the design as you move forward, rather than changing
it.

Anyway, hopefully I will be smarter after the conference.  :-)  I am
sure there are some other people on this list who have more to
contribute on this topic.

I poked around for a bit in the list archives and found this one
article posted earlier by Desiree Sy:
http://upassoc.org/upa_publications/jus/2007may/agile-ucd.html

MT