On Jan 15, 2008, at 6:06 PM, Nasir Barday wrote:

> But the Air wasn't designed around the faux goal of "wireless
> computing." Air caters to the insight that the average consumer
> doesn't need a lot to a) browse the web, b) manage photos, and c)
> otherwise have fun. During ideation, Apple must have stripped
> everything away and added back only what was essential to the
> on-the-go person who wants their computer not to get in their way.
> Hence the use of untethered wireless that allows people to be
> on-the-go-able at moment's notice.

Agreed. I was using the shortcut "wireless" term which is used in the
promo video to mean the things you are saying more explicitly. Apple
used the term for marketing purpose, and I was using it to mean "on
the go." Being on the go pretty much requires being wireless, even
down to not using a mouse attached to your laptop.

--
Andrei Herasimchuk

Principal, Involution Studios
innovating the digital world