Don Norman in Business Week earlier this month re-framing Apple's
design process as what sounds a little like activity centered design.
It's just a brief quote in a much longer article:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_02/
b4066000313325_page_2.htm

> Apple's approach isn't about targeting hipsters, says Donald A.
> Norman, a professor at Northwestern University and author of The
> Design of Future Things. Rather, the company's design genius lies
> in its dedication to making simple, elegant devices for specific
> activities, not demographic types, he says. Its early markets were
> learning and publishing; now they're creativity and entertainment.
> "The proper way to design is not to target an individual type of
> customer. You want 100 million customers," says Norman.

Also, just to stir up the anthill a little more, I tend to think of
genius design as extemporaneous design (no fancy acronym) I don't
view it as a perjorative. The metaphor is to extemporaneous acting,
which is unrehearsed and takes quite a bit of skill to do well since
it depends on intuition and the ability to synthesize bits from past
experience on the fly.

// jeff