On Jan 23, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Mark Schraad wrote:

> If your are introducing a new feature on a consumer web site, does
> it always need to be overtly called out? Particularly if it a catch
> up feature (your competition already has something similar). I am
> wondering if there is benefit in letting the user discover a cool
> feature (any behaviorists out there?) - as opposed to directing
> their attention to it? Has anyone had this conversation or have
> insights to the issue?

Hi Mark,

I've written about this topic too. (This week feels like revisiting
my entire publication library!)

Designing Embraceable Change
http://www.uie.com/articles/embraceable_change/

Curious what you think,

Jared

Jared M. Spool
User Interface Engineering
510 Turnpike St., Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED] p: +1 978 327 5561
http://uie.com  Blog: http://uie.com/brainsparks