Look and feel is shallow. In the context of software, look and feel refers
to what skin widgets have. Programmers use it when they talk about Java vs
native widgets. You can have one app and skin it different ways, changing
its "look and feel". To some extent, you could say the various themes of
Windows XP and Winamp change the product's "look and feel", but you don't
hear people say that often. Again, only Java people.

If you look at a content-heavy site like Major League Baseball, you can
see that the information on each team's site is largely the same, and they
differ only in "look and feel", which is the colors, highlighting, and
team logo.

> There is an interesting editorial and follow up discussion regarding the
> term 'look and feel' - at the design observer (mostly a graph design
> blog).
> I have used the term many times when speaking to clients. To me it is
> everything about the site that is visual, except for the interactions.
> http://www.designobserver.com/archives/032084.html#comments

-Mark