In the context of Alan's keynote, I totally agree with Alan. ;)

In the context of a more complex conversation, I'm not sure I agree
with your assertions and assumptions.

In the building world an architect is often partnered with a civil
engineer and both are responsible for different aspects of the vision
of the project. The segmentation you are making is concerned more with
ownership than with points of collaboration, or abilities to
contribute.

I also disagree with your assumption about computer | computer
interactions. To me a conversation is a conversation and the IxD is
best at creating conversations between any intelligent entities.
silicon or carbon.

-- dave