Dave,

Are you referring to this bit: "How good of a designer we are [..] is directly
related to how well we convey our thought process [..] that you can trace and
one that is based on personal intellect"?

I agree with the first bit (the idea that you have to be able to supply
arguments with your design, explaining why it is a good design) but not with
what I think is the second bit (the idea that only intellectuals can come up
with a concept?).

But maybe I misread Tim...

Peter
--
Peter Boersma | Senior Interaction Designer | Info.nl
http://www.peterboersma.com/blog | http://www.info.nl