Hi Maria,

I'm more familiar with this working the other way around; applying
theatrical principles to interface design. Brenda Laurel's
_Computers as Theater_ comes to mind:

http://www.amazon.com/Computers-as-Theatre-Brenda-Laurel/dp/0201550601

Many human-machine interaction principles are derived from older
social interaction principles, so you could work back up the chain
and consider how to apply something like Erving Goffman's
interaction framework of 1) Initiation, 2) Maintenance and 3)
Leavetaking to a theatrical performance, though theater is a more
mature field and the principles wouldn't exactly come as a shock.

I'd be interested in hearing about how you incorporated the
principles in your previous show.

// jeff