Hi Oliver,

I find this easy to define as:

The persona: A close representative of the user
The User Story: What the persona would do to complete
a specific task

In that I definitely find them related. If the persona
is defined from a good user research done ahead, doing
the user stories ( using those persona ) would
definitely help predict the usage of the application
better.Ideally, at least.

well, I guess I'm just repeating what Dmitry said
earlier.

Manish Pillewar
Thought-Designer :-)
www.thoughtworks.com

Oliver,

User stories and personas are not mutually exclusive.
A persona
embodies high-level information about a user
type/role/segment, while
a user story represents a specific requirement/task
formulated from a
user's perspective.

Both can be used to as a means of feeding information
obtained through
user research into the design process. There is no
reason why the two
can't be used together, since they operate at
different levels of
granularity and specificity.

Dmitry

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 8:15 PM, oliver green
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote:
> Hi All,

-----Snipped-----

Thanks and Regards
 Manish Govind Pillewar
 Sr. User Experience Designer
 Thoughtworks India Pvt. Ltd.Bangalore-India

 Tel. +91 9880566951 (M)
        +91 80 41113967 (Eve.)
 Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface :-)