Just came back from the 4-day Interaction Design Practicum at Cooper
in early February. Like Brad, I have a UCD/Usability and Visual
design background and was impressed with how they actually
implemented the Goal Directed Design Process.

It's definitely tailored for the real world. Their focus on
ethnographic research, contextual scenarios, sketching, whiteboarding
and a very in-depth look at creating personas creates a workable
methodology that can be tailored to any project.

Great group of inspiring participants and instructors. I'm hoping to
get some time off to take their other courses.