*Information Architect with CMS Experience at NavigationArts in Washington
D.C. Metro Area*

Full-time, permanent position

*Job Description*

The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver, strategic thinker, and
resourceful consultant with high standards for the web products they
develop. This person must be able to adapt to different types of clients and
thrive in heterogeneous project teams that include people with expertise in
a variety of web development disciplines.

It is important that candidates for this position have experience designing
information architectures for large websites that are deployed using a
content management system (CMS). This includes experience designing
interface templates that deliver dynamically generated, tagged content;
designing content object models that describe the mechanics of how
individual pieces of content are displayed and connected within the system;
and designing governance models that detail how a site should be managed
post-launch. In addition, experience developing corporate-wide taxonomies is
a major plus.

Job responsibilities include:

   - Define, describe, and prioritize the audiences that a web product is
   meant to reach, serve, etc.
   - Gather and clarify web product requirements using a variety of
   approaches, from client working sessions to user research
   - Quickly learn how a selected content management system operates in
   order to design templates, controlled vocabularies and content object models
   that optimize a tool's functional potential
   - Develop information architectures, labeling schemes, navigation, and
   search systems that meet both user needs and business objectives
   - Create user flows, schematic drawings, and other types of
   documentation that illustrate the desired user experience for web products
   - Communicate and collaborate with the client stakeholders, project
   managers, engineers, graphic designers, and content experts in all stages of
   production
   - Work within the confines of schedules and budgets

*Basic Job Qualifications*

- BA or BS degree

- Three plus years in the field of information architecture and/or Web
content strategy

- Strong analytical, writing, and visualization skills

- Strong presentation skills

- Ability to quickly learn new software tools and production techniques

The information architect is a vital member of our collaborative user
experience team and must be able to work in our offices in McLean, VA;
therefore we are only interested in candidates in the Washington DC metro
area.

- NavigationArts -

NavigationArts is a strategic consultancy providing expert advisory, design,
and development services that optimize the usability of our clients' web
sites and the business value of their online and offline programs for
marketing, communications, and commerce.

Our unique strengths lie in the areas of user experience design and
information architecture, which we base upon a rigorous web processes. We
help our clients solve challenging problems by establishing cross-functional
teams of experts drawn from various user experience sub-disciplines, and we
hold these teams to the highest strategic, analytical, communication, and
creative standards.

*How to Apply*

Please send your resume with links to at least three current Web projects
and salary requirements to [EMAIL PROTECTED]