Hi everyone, I'm an interaction designer from Saint-Petersburg, Russia :)

As I see, most of Ix designers work on applications, websites or maybe
mobile devices. But looking around I notice lots of ubiquitous
appliances, like microwave ovens, coffee makers, electric teapots etc.
that surely lack ease of use. I think, that the problem with
appliances is essentially the same as with applications and lies in
the nature of digital. This means, we could use the same methods and
approaches to design a perfect appliance, as we use for designing
perfect sites and apps.

Does anybody has an experience of designing interactions for
appliances? Does anybody HIRE such people? I would like to be the
first candidate ;)

--
Valentin Filippov
http://www.niskaya.ru