Wow! I am feeling like the gate keeper for the almost 40 crowd.

Like the others on this list, my musical tastes run the gamut too.
When I design or code, I really like anything that keeps my mind
chilled, my mood light and my focus on the task at hand. That could
be classical, jazz, blues, world, ambient, acoustical or eclectic...

Some artists on my ipod...Miles Davis, Coltrane, Air, Imogen Heap,
Calexico, Zero 7, Remy Zero, Mazy Starr, MOS, Buddah Bar, Cafe del
Mar, Putumayo: Brazilian Lounge, Armik, Beck, Bright Eyes, Feist,
Frou frou, Belle & Sebastian, Blond Redhead, Carbon Leaf, Iron &
Wine, Wilco, Ryan Adams, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Depeche Mode, Echo
& The Bunnymen, The Cure...and the list goes on.