I can't help but add that Pittsburgh natives have another derivative.
"Yinz" comes from "yuns", which is a contraction of "you ones".

"Yinz going to the Steelers game?"
"Yinz guys want another Iron City?"

"Yinz click on that there button to print."

Truly awful.

Jack

On Mar 14, 2008, at 8:45 AM, Charles B. Kreitzberg wrote:

> To meet the need for discriminating between the two uses, words
> evolve. In
> the south the phrase "Y'all" which is a contraction of "you all"
> became
> popular as a distinctive plural of you. In the Northeast "youse"
> like "Youse
> guys are in trouble" became popular. This came about because most
> plurals in
> English are formed by adding an "s" so "you + s = youse."

Jack L. Moffett
Interaction Designer
inmedius
412.459.0310 x219