COMPANY: Cooper

JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA

JOB TITLE: Interaction Design Consultant

JOB DURATION: Permanent

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Cooper (www.cooper.com) is actively recruiting for IxD stars. Cooper
consultants have helped companies of all sizes create hundreds of
successful digital products and services.

We work with clients large and small all over the world. Our projects
include everything from complex financial, analytical and enterprise
applications to medical devices, Web sites and car dashboards. In a
single year, a Cooper designer might work on a securities trading
application, an assisted surgery tool, and a revolutionary new phone.

What's it like to work on a Cooper project? Every project involves a
small team of world-class designers, most of whom are dedicated to
single project at a time. An interaction designer is responsible for the
visualization and coherence of the product's behavior, while a design
communicator is responsible for documenting the design and for helping
test and evolve the design concept through scenarios. At the same time,
a visual designer ensures that the color, icons, typography, and visual
style of the interface support the interaction and the client's brand.

JOB QUALIFICATIONS:

We're looking for candidates with 4+ years of professional experience
designing digital products and services. Right now, your job title may
be interaction, interface or user experience designer, information
architect, or even GUI developer.

You'd be a good fit at Cooper if you enjoy:

- Understanding complex systems and processes; both software-based and
in the real world of people and atoms. Do you get just as excited about
data analysis tools as you do about RFID-enabled consumer electronics?
If so, read on.

- Communicating with pictures, words, whiteboard markers, napkins and
ballpoint pens, sticks and patches of dirt. You can express your ideas
with skill and grace anywhere, anytime, with whatever media happens to
be at your disposal.

- Presenting your work before a room of curious (and sometimes

skeptical) developers, interested (and sometimes demanding) marketers,
and time-challenged (and sometimes impatient) executives.

- Researching new domains. You have experience interviewing stakeholders
and users to develop an understanding of the needs and motivations of
all parties involved in the project.

- Working collaboratively. We believe that the interchange of ideas
amongst the members of small, nimble teams is fastest route to the best
solutions.

- Empathizing. Our design method is built around satisfying the needs
and motivations of real people. If you want to make things better, we
want you.

Interested in learning more? Check out our full job description

(http://www.cooper.com/careers/) for more detailed information and
qualifications.

Qualified applicants should send a cover letter (stating why you want to
work at Cooper), resume and appropriate urls/portfolio. Super
interested? Put your skills to the test

(http://www.cooper.com/documents/interaction_design_test.pdf)

No phone calls please. EOE

CONTACT INFORMATION: