Check out Vanilla, its pretty different from usual forum software, it has
more of a conversational feel, than a "normal" forum. Really liked it, but I
used it only for a very short period.

http://getvanilla.com/

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Andrei Sedelnikov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> everyone of you has seen online forums/bulleting boards based on board
> engines (phpBB, vBulletin etc). They are usually nearly awful from the
> user experience poit of view. But I'm sure there are custom made,
> unique boards which are carefully designed so they can serve as an
> example. Could you please point me to one or two of them?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Andrei Sedelnikov
> usabilist.de
>
> P.S. Slashdot doesn't fit well in the description above because ...
> well ... it has a very specific auditorium.

Roland Studer | +41 79 746 48 59 | Berchtoldstrasse 40, 3012 Bern