More resources:

 *Information scent as a driver of Web behavior graphs. *
*Proceedings of the Conference on Human factors in computing systems CHI '01
Association for Computing **Machinery. *
By Card, Stuart K., Peter Pirolli

  *Sorting out searching: a user-interface framework for text searches*
*Communications of the ACM *
Ben Shneiderman, Donald Byrd, W. Bruce Croft

  *A User-interface framework for text searches *
*http://www.dlib.org/dlib/january97/retrieval/01shneiderman.html *
*D-Lib Magazine *
Ben Shneiderman, Donald Byrd, W. Bruce Croft