Hi Panjak:

I frequently have to accommodate many options and types of navigations
depending on the business and client and the need to align the application
with a specific usage and therefore sometimes the navigation structure.
This may also be affected by the technology used, and the ramifications of
what the widgets offered by a third party may be able to provide.

For example, if the development is using Infragistics and there isn't
going to be alot (or any) customization to the behaviors, then the
Infragistics package will offer an array of options that I can work with
and play off of. For a navigation system that works horizontally, you
might consider tabs that are managed in the same way that FireFox allows
them to be managed, with a widget at the end of the tab that allows the
user to add or remove or reorder the tabs quickly.

Or, if the navigation is left-hand, a tree structure or the Outlook
drawers approach may be considered. However, you may want a widget where
more than one "drawer" may be left open (not the typical Outlook
behavior).

The looks of these may be controlled via the AppStylist, so when I say it
is like something, I do not mean to compromise the design because of the
package, but I am trying to show how the technology may offer as well as
limit some of the options.

Java-based is where I have gotten the best customization from the
developers.
The problem with customization is that it can take a good deal of
additional time and them it can weigh down the interface, depending on
what you designed. I typically avoid imagery and will work with style
sheets so that when a change is needed, I can make it on the style and
have it permeate an environment.

I hope this helps in some way.
Jennifer

Hi

I am looking for pointers on how to design desktop menus for a typical
windows
desktop application. My problem is that in our application we have around
170
--
Cheers
Pankaj

Generally, this communication is for informational purposes only
and it is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase
or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation
of any transaction. In the event you are receiving the offering
materials attached below related to your interest in hedge funds or
private equity, this communication may be intended as an offer or
solicitation for the purchase or sale of such fund(s).  All market
prices, data and other information are not warranted as to
completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice.
Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect
those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.
disclosures relating to UK legal entities.