As if dishy eye candy Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow weren't enough, the new Iron Man movie is chock-a-block with cool user interface design. Surely interactive holographic CAD drawings are just around the corner, right? And a heads-up display in every window of my house?

Still, there's no tech like low-tech. I think I fell in love when the hero sand-casts a titanium o-ring while being held captive in an Afghan cave.

-- Kim