Hi Rob,

Design is so much fun - heck, you gave away the fun part! Here's a super quick ideation page for you:

http://www.peknik.com/temporary/IxDN.jpg

I couldn't spend any real time on it and had to use my iPhone for the pictures, but what the heck...

The ideation process was as follows:

1) Identify key inspirational words:

advance/d
test
assess
skill
level
education
challenge
forward
progress
movement
climb
accomplish
education
achievement
success

2) Sketch or google for some ideas that represent these words... you can do this as a group exercise or alone. I enjoy both.

...If you were to continue, you'd just:

3) Refine the ideas (Design, Test, Repeat)

...from this fast 10 minute exercise, I like the astronaut concept. It applies to both children and adults, embodies the ideas in the word list, and is internationally understood to mean "difficult but exciting journey to arrived safely with great success".

Have fun,
-Dan

         Dan Peknik
Interaction/Industrial Design