-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of mark
schraad
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:58 PM
To: Andy Edmonds
Cc: IXDA list
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] seo and usability

I am not at odds with SEO. But I think the notion that what is good for SEO
is also good for users is a stretch. While search engines seek to work the
way people think, I believe they are still a ways off. Humans are more
forgiving than search engines... and the lean towards search is a compromise
for the user. About.com for instance, is way off the deep end optimized for
search and is not the same user resource that is once was. I would hate to
see other good sources of information and content go that direction.