Guru,

You could do it in three ways:

1. Just use diagrams to explain each state of drag and drop
2. Use flash or something like that to create an animation
3. Use javascript library like Scriptaculous/Yahoo UI - http://script.aculo.us/ - might seem a big deal initially, but its not so much.

I haven't tried Axure myself, so can't talk about that.

Regards
Alok Jain