> Usability is a scale from extreme frustration to extreme delight.

Been thinking about this statement. Is it really true? Isn't "usability"
only a measure of the degree to which something can used?

At the worst end of your continuum, "extreme frustration" doesn't
necessarily mean "unusable". Take the Word example, in which an interaction
was frustrating all the time, but because there was a hack to get around the
issue, ultimately, it was still usable.

Seems to me that frustration and delight are measures of "enjoyability", not
"usability". I think there's a difference, and that the difference is
important.

Yes, highly usable interactions do generally seem to be more enjoyable, and
less usable interactions do seem to be generally more frustrating, but a
less usable interaction doesn't have to mean frustrating, and "frustrating"
doesn't have to mean "less usable". The two are not mutually exclusive.

-r-