> So, to protect all of us, please do as Andrei requested and not
> discuss patents on this discussion group.

I'm aware of the issues, but I'm uncomfortable with banning an entire
class of discussion from the entirety of the mailing list.  Is there a
way to tag potentially risky messages so that people who cannot deal
with these things can filter the messages without having to open them?

I'm thinking of something like a secondary list (e.g.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) or a subject tag (similar to [EVENT]).

We're supposed to be clever designers here - can't we design a
solution that meets the diverse needs of this group?

--Alan