From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Hines
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:53 PM
To: IxDA Discuss
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] iRise sues Axure for "patent infringement"

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Todd Zaki Warfel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Well, we don't need to tag everything - don't go overboard here and use
> some common sense. This is obviously a sensitive topic and one that would
> warrant such a workaround. So, where does it end? Well, for now it could end
> w/[Patent]. It doesn't need to go further than that for now. Take it case by
> case.

All very good points. Perhaps I was overstating it. If this is really about
making someone feel more comfortable about participating or simply raising
awareness then by all means add a rule. My note was directed a little more
towards those who may be at risk than those who would have to implement the
rule since a loosely enforced guideline on an open list that you voluntarily
subscribe to is a pretty thin veil. Andrei offers some sage advice in his
last note:

If you are unaware, simply walk over to your friendly corporate lawyer and
ask them, "hey... if you got a moment, could tell me all about this patent
thing and what I should know going forward?"

Mark Hines.