I just stumbled upon something pretty impressing:

Zoomii's bookstore uses a Google Maps -like interaction design pattern to display Amazon's books in an impossibly big bookshelf that can be zoomed in and out. You can fly to any shelf and pick a book. It works inside a browser without plugins.

It's made by an individual called Chris Thiessen and funded by his spouse. It's his "attempt to bring online as much of the real bookstore experience as possible". To me his early attempt qualifies as indistinguishable from magic.

http://zoomii.com/

What do you think?

- Petteri

--
 Petteri Hiisilä
 palvelumuotoilija /

 "In this island, everything happens for a reason."
  - John Locke, LOST