On Jul 13, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Michele Marut wrote:

Has anyone had the chance to try out the new iphone 3g and the new apps available? If so , what are your thoughts?

Had the iPhone 3G for a day now. Downloaded 11 apps — 7 free, 4 paid.

* Feels better in the hand. Something about the beveled back makes it feel more natural, more organic in the hand.
* The black plastic back shows some smudges, but they disappear quickly.
* Speakers are better.
* Screen looks brighter. I know they adjusted the white balance to make it a bit more yellow, less blue to increase the "natural" look of things. But mine also seems brighter than my v1.0 phone.
* 3G is definitely faster.
* Non-recessed headphone jack means you can use standard headphones now.

Drawbacks
* None of my old cases work w/the new phone due to the curved back. I had two. Waiting for a new hardshell plastic to arrive in 1-2 weeks.

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]