I believe that there is value in these workshops. We already have the yearly
conference and a number of local groups have begun monthly meetups. A summer
program would be a good option for some. I think there is tremendous value
in being able to sit in a room with your peers and hammer out ideas, which I
feel is of much more value than accreditation.

There are all sorts of camps sponsored by schools. If you do it in the
summer, you can cut costs by using group accommodations at a dorm, and there
are usually meal options open in their dining halls.

It's great that we're talking about these things -- we're definitely
building momentum.

It would be more difficult for some of us "senior folks" to invest in a 2
week UX camp due to things getting in the way like deadlines and family;
however, there are those of us that could go teach/demo for a few days
during the camp.

I've been floating the idea of senior level workshops to some and there is
interest. This would be more of a weekend thing, or perhaps an add-on to
Interaction|09 conference. I think this is where regional workshops could
work. There are already so many shows to go to (Interaction, IA Summit,
SXSW, IDEA, UPA, etc.), and a lot of us don't have unlimited pocketbooks.

Anything is possible though, you just have to make it inviting. I'm quite
positive that it would be successful.

Great idea.

Mario