Hi Jenn,

Apropos post to read, as I spent this afternoon looking at digital voice
recorders. I have to conduct phone and in-person interviews, so I'm looking
for a hardware solution to record from the phone. I want digital to archive
it on a Vista system. So far, I've found Sony and Olympus models, but am
having a hard time finding the critical features or a clear deciding point.

Most recommendations led to Olympus, and this model DS-40
http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Digital-Recorder-ACCESSORY-BUNDLE/dp/B001259XDW/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2.
I even called Olympus to ask about all their models, since i didn't find
online tools to help pick. The rep made the impression that some of
the VN-xxxx models don't work well with Vista. But, for that DS-40 you have
to upgrade the firmware for Vista integration.

Anyone have a recommendation for phone conversation recording (I won't ask
how you use it), and/or success with Vista?

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Jenn Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I'm planning some in-person interviews and am looking for a reliable
> digital voice recorder. Any advice on models and why you like it is greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks.

Jay A. Morgan