I like your idea but it's confusing if you think of this case:

If you're on the landing page and see 4 banners, you decide which
one to click on. You go back via the browser's back button because
the content behind banner 1 wasn't that you were searching for and
think "mhm.. banner 2 sounds more interesting to me". You go back
but the banner's content changed. Now, you'll start to think%u2026
Where is the interesting headline?  Do I have to wait for the content
change? Where's the search bar, but can I remember content of the
banner?

I think this is very confusing to the user. I had this problem with
changing content on the Apple landing page and I had to wait a long
time before the desired content returned.