On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 12:05 AM, Sachin Ghodke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> When I viewed what Oleh has done for Microsoft... (etc.)

To Sachin and anyone else, who got confused by the quote attribution in my
message (and to Marianne, of course):

Marianne ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) has made that site map for Microsoft. I
have only commented on it. My corrected message is below.

Thanks and appologies,
Oleh Kovalchuke
Interaction Design is design of time
http://www.tangospring.com/IxDtopicWhatIsInteractionDesign.htm

/* ************************* begin corrected
message ***************************** */

Site maps are close cousins of mall maps -- suitable for leisure time
killing.

Marianne wrote:

"Here is one that I designed for the Windows Vista site
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/site-index.aspx with
contextually shared grouping to help the customers quickly (I hope) find the
area that they want and then..."

 When I saw it, I have reached for the search box. Search box is an
information booth in the same mall. Except it is ubiquitous, and there are
no lines.

The search box would get me quickly in the right general location (if it
works like Google -- reasonable expectation these days), where I can refine
the results to my liking.

And this is how we, folks, behave.*

--
Oleh Kovalchuke