"Personally, I would rather be boiled in hot oil while my fingernails are
pulled out through my nostrils than watch a flash intro." - Mario B.

I stand by that statement, but that is purely the opinion of myself as an
end user.

I know that we, as designers, are trying to push the edge on stuff and there
are a lot of Flash junkies (some amazing ones actually); however, I believe
that there is a time and place for Flash. A flash intro keeps me X seconds
away from what I want to see and Flash doesn't work on my iPhone. Chances
are I'm not your target audience. Restaurant sites drive me nuts, and those
sites that are completely done in Flash, but the navigation is so useless
that I just give up. Realtors drive me batty too.

As an interaction designer, your goal is to not give the opportunity for
users to give up.

It all depends on your site though. There is no right answer, there's just a
best answer - and it's up to you to find it.

--
Mario Bourque
Web: www.mariobourque.com