I am all in, in any way I can help - I will do grunt work, sketch,
wireframe, prototype - whatever.

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 8:25 PM, David Malouf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The board does have requirement documents and even some wireframes. Good
> stuff!
> But the board will not be able to "do" this work themselves, nor should
> they, as the work should come from the community, steered by the board.
> They
> have a lot of material in place, waiting for the right people to step up.
>
> I"m not sure why we should wait, or what we are waiting for. For the 6
> people to get involved?
> Ok, you and I are 2 ... Who else wants in? ... email me and lets get
> rollin'. This project is 2 years overdue--no fault of the board. They've
> been really working hard on some very important initiatives that are going
> really well: conference & local groups has been going REALLY well.
>
> So Who's in!?! And no I have not asked permission of the board or anyone
> else, but that's the point. Jeff never asked permission either. He just did
> it. We need to take some initiative. That's why I call IxDA an initiative
> based org and not a volunteer-based org.
>
> -- dave
>

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Will Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Dave,
> >
> > Can we save this email for a bit b/c I think it's a huge deal that
> requires
> > a full time dedicated group of people to at least stear it over the next
> > year. Even if many of the problems can be broken down into simple
> problems,
> > stemming from objectives and goals - those parts should have a champion
> > within a group of no more than - say - 6 people, who then own parts (like
> > infrastructure, platform, identity, community, tools (calendars/message
> > system), and then once those parts are defined, we could open it up to
> > tribe-sourcing to sketching/wireframing/prototyping/design spec writing -
> > and then further down the rabbit hole to visual design, front-end
> > development, backend/database developement). This is potentially a huge
> > project, but one that could get done - a point that I am absolutely
> positive
> > about - with the right leadership and team structure at the top guiding
> it,
> > no matter what tactics we choose to get us down the road.
> >
> > - W
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:11 PM, David Malouf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> The board for the last 3 years has defined the problem of how to create
> >> vibrant, valuable and effective community of practice. We've looked at
> >> existing solutions and when we map them against our requirements and
> >> resources they all come up very short. So let me go from vague to more
> >> specific.
> >>
> >> We all know the email list is broken for much of the subscribership of
> the
> >> organization. What Jeff has done is GREAT, but it only solves a small
> [...]

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
aim: semanticwill
gtalk: semanticwill
twitter: semanticwill
skype: semanticwill