Thank you guys for your valuable response! When I asked this question
back in April the different systems mentioned here helped us during
the design stages of our own new system, codenamed PEF. Whil PEF does
not necessarily do version control at the moment, it does support some
of the key reasons why some designers use version control systems,
buit in a very different way:

- It helps you to have all different stages of a design in a central
place, in our case a zoomable timeline
- It helps you with distribution, as PEF synchronizes with your
colleagues
- You can add context to a design and discuss it with colleagues.

While we are still working very hard on PEF, I am interested to see
what you think of it right now. You can see a screencast of the
application in the way it was in September at
http://www.deMonsters.com/pef/

I'm really curious to see what you think.

GRAWH!
Paul