I'm forwarding this from another group. I think it's something this community might be interested in:

Cognate with the notion of a National Design Policy, advanced at the recent US National Design Policy Summit organized by Dori Tunstall, is the concept of a new US Department of Innovation. Now we have a chance to create one.

On Change.org, the website created by the Obama Transition team to solicit new ideas for the next four years, Alain Rostain has proposed the creation of a Department of Innovation. The proposal has 53 votes and requires 24 more to ascend to the next, penultimate round of considerations. The comments in response to Rostain’s proposal, usually positive, are fascinating in their own right — but so is the realization that, by our casting our votes (much as we would on Digg), we might be creating a high-level public institution to nurture and grow good ideas like a National Design Policy:

http://www.change.org/ideas/view/department_of_innovation

I urge you to visit the website, consider Alain’s proposal, and if it appeals, to vote for the creation of the US Department of Innovation. You can also read many other interesting innovations on Change.org

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]