Thanks all for your responses. You guys have helped me answered the
"Email to a friend" dilema. This is what I've gathered from this:

- "Email to a friend" might not be used in a great deal, but it is
a expected feature.
- "Email to a friend" is used as a bookmarking mechanism to store
important content and urls on the user's email application (could we
find an alternative method?)
- "Email to a friend" adds more value once the site has a
relationship with the user
- "Email to a friend" is more relevant for article pages, product
description pages, or search results pages rather than generic
landing pages.

KPK, even though you ran a short survey, i think the results were
great.

Christian, I'm looking forward on Yahoo! creating a pattern
description for the "Email to a friend" feature. Let me know if I
can help on anything

Regards,
-Juan Ruiz