"Would you provide some URLs if you don't mind?  Also I'm curious when
you rate something as 'excellent work' is that your response to the
code of the library or to the interactions provided by the widgets?  I
ask because one of the things I'm looking for in my own application is
more powerful UI widgets - e.g. fisheye menus, tables-within-tables,
and other things that will let me compose more sophisticated
interaction flows for my apps."

When I say excellent work, I mean both. Degrafa is an excellent library
(code wise) which lets you skin components (including data visualisation
components) in a variety of manners, including CSS.
Some examples
http://flashspeaksactionscript.com/5-custom-charts-using-degrafa/
http://www.insideria.com/2008/04/degrafa-data-part-2-the-sparkl.html
and the library itself
http://www.degrafa.org/

iLog Elixir is a paid-for library of components which can both prove as
inspiration for your own components or be a solution (if you can use
paid-for in your application)
http://www.ilog.com/products/ilogelixir/

Flex gives you a lot of flexibility (ha ha) out of the box, and the
means to quickly put together the components you need. There is a
thriving community, much of whom are cross overs from the Flash
component days who produce and release components, so hunting for what
you need may be an option.

Lastly, if you are thinking about the future, keep your eye on Flash
Catalyst for changing the face of how Design and Code come together. If
Adobe can deliver on the initial promise, it will be something special.

Gk.

Gregor Kiddie
Senior Developer
INPS

Tel:       01382 564343

Registered address: The Bread Factory, 1a Broughton Street, London SW8
3QJ

Registered Number: 1788577

Registered in the UK

Visit our Internet Web site at www.inps.co.uk

The information in this internet email is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it
by anyone else is not authorised. Any views or opinions presented are
INPS or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient
please contact is.helpd...@inps.co.uk