Dear Netflix Staffing Operations Team,

I can see that you are in need of a good interaction designer/IA - there
seems to be a disconnect between the corporate understanding of "site" and
"mailing list", although granted there is no doubt an archive site where
this message will eventually reside. Either that, or you are using the same
email template for job site owners and announcement lists. This is a pity,
as it makes you seem less capable than the job description itself would
indicate.

I wish you every success in your search for a good person - I know that
there are not as many multi-talented folks (capable of performing both the
IxD and IA roles) but those that can do both are real gems, and while some
of my peers may disagree, I think it is a good move combining the two. I
would enjoin you to add a strong user research component to the role, as I
believe that finding out exactly what your customer expectations are then
exceeding them is the key to survival in these unsure economic times.

Personally, as a customer of QuickFlix here in Australia (an analogue
service), I know the value that such an organisation can offer - and
truthfully, if the role was in a part of the world where I held work rights,
I would probably think about applying myself.

Best regards, Andrew

---
Andrew Boyd
http://uxbookclub.org -- connect, read, discuss