I stopped by the Verizon booth in the mall the other day to try out a
Blackberry Storm, the new one with the touchscreen. I'm a current Verizon
customer, and my antique Moto Razor is about to do the El Croako. I'd heard
the Storm had a good browser and a great screen for viewing media. Since
Verizon has treated me pretty well and I've no complaints about their
service, I was curious about their new phone.

The guy at the booth let me play with theirs. I tried typing on it, and was
not very successful. The Storm's touch screen acts like a button, so you
have to press it down to enter a character. But it also acts like a
touchscreen, so there's obviously no indent for your finger to know when
you're over a button. I mistyped many characters, sometimes more than once,
and got frustrated after a few minutes of fiddling with it.

Perhaps this is just me. I'm curious to know if others on this list have
successfully adapted to the Storm's unique touchscreen/button controls. Or
if anyone here helped test or develop it and would like to share something
of their experiences. Some million or so people have eagerly purchased this
handset; I'd like to know how it's worked out for you. Thanks,

Michael Micheletti