Thank you for all the feedback. So far it sounds like the workshops
provide a decent introduction/overview, but don't go very deep into
the theory side of things.

Were all 4 days useful? I was thinking of only attending the last two
days (IA and IxD) and attending the first two at a later date.

(The "Design Strategy" day seems like it's geared towards
organizations trying to fit design into their business & culture --
something that is not an issue where I work. Regarding "Design
Research": Our budget and timetable are too constrained to allow for
much of this role at present.)