> You kidding me? Can you imagine the prestige of sponsoring the winning team
> at an extreme challenge like this? It's like sponsoring the first balloon or
> boat to make it around the world. Or the first spaceship to the moon or
> Mars. This is extreme in so many ways it's not even funny.

That must be some awfully tasty Kool-Aid you've been drinking, but no, I
can't imagine the prestige because I'm doubtful that anyone outside of the
team who wins, and perhaps their employers, will care.

This is hardly the first spaceship to Mars — it's a 2-day prototyping
challenge. I'm sure it's not the first, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
And as far as the "extreme" aspect goes, sure it's in the Arctic, but that
fact doesn't make the challenge any more challenging. It's not like you'll
be bolting together machinery out in the cold, bracing wind — you'll be
using a MacBook Pro inside of a hotel. What's extreme about it?

-r-