As the mother of a 5 and 2 year old, I thought that version 2 was great,
and having lived in schaumburg before, wished that I could send my kids
to that daycare, as it seemed that they would be well cared-for. I liked
that it showed the kids engaged in learning (puzzles) with a concerned
caretaker right next to them. I liked that I would be able to take a
virtual tour of the place as well. It personally impacted me as this is
close to the interaction good parents have with their children, and what
working parents are seeking to emulate when they can't be there
personally. One concern would be there the optional banner would
preclude me from immediately seeing that there was a virtual tour
available, which in my opinion is very important, as it helps parents
preview the daycare so that they don't waste time going to a lot of
centers that do not align with their expectations. I had to spend a lot
of time going to several centers that didn't meet my children's needs
before I found one that did. This would have helped streamline the
process, as one use case is when a parent is looking for a new daycare,
doesn't have a current daycare and is worried about availability and the
distance from home or work (how far away from their children they'll
be). In my case, I'd just moved to a new city and started a new job and
had to find a center within three days.

I liked the me and my mom; very clean and lots of white space. But as a
parent, I wasn't immediately drawn in as I was with the pictures of the
children learning while being cared for, or as the audience is
different, I wasn't immediately drawn in by what pictures of what
adventures my children and I could do. It is much more of an exploratory
site, but very well-designed.

Courtney Jordan