Software Engineer: UI / Web Development

http://choicevendor.com/about/jobs/index.php?job=eng02

As an engineer in charge of building our web-based UI, you will help build
and manage a web application for small business users. In particular, you
will specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs with AJAX and
related technologies, working with our user experience lead and our backend
engineers. Depending on your other areas of expertise, you may also work on
the front end; design of the UI; or other related areas.

*Requirements:* * *

   - BA or BS degree in computer science or a related technical degree
   - Self-motivated, self-directed and having a keen intuition into what it
   takes to design and build a successful product
   - Expert HTML, JavaScript, and CSS Skills (5+ years preferred)
   - An ability to build graceful user experiences with modern AJAX / DOM
   techniques
   - Significant experience designing modular, object-oriented JavaScript
   - Experience with some web development framework(s) [e.g., Java/J2EE,
   Ruby on Rails, Python/Django, etc]

*Pluses:*

   - Experience writing Python application code
   - Experience in an early-stage startup or other
   rapid-application-development environments preferred
   - HCI knowledge a plus
   - Significant development experience in a Linux environment a plus
   - Development experience in C/C++ or Java a plus

*What we'll ask to see:*

   - A current resume.
   - Sites that you've built that are currently online. Other code samples
   will work too, and/or a portfolio.
   - References. We'll only check these a ways into the process, but have
   'em ready.

*Apply for this
position*<j...@choicevendor.com?subject=software%20engineer%20ui%20webdev%20%5beng02%5d>

About ChoiceVendor

http://www.choicevendor.com

ChoiceVendor is a San Francisco, California startup currently in stealth
mode.

We are building a software-based service for small & medium businesses,
providing them with information and tools that will help them run their
business more cost-effectively and efficiently. We are committed to building
elegant, high-quality software for business users, bringing to businesses
the product and user experience innovation currently only found in
best-of-breed consumer-facing applications (business users are people too!)
We're looking for like-minded and passionate team members who like to build
stuff that works well and that our users will love. The business is built on
a very solid financial plan and we are backed by a top-tier Silicon Valley
venture firm. The team is composed of veterans from Microsoft, Google, and
several successful startups.