When it comes to hardware, memory is cheap, tiny, and drop-proof, now, but
the controls and display are still expensive and breakable.

I've been wishing for years that buses and trains had e-paper
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeaT62OMi8M) pasted on the seatback, walls,
or windows, so I could bring my own content to read without having to carry
a large screen or worry about dropping or losing my hardware.

There are shades of this idea -- but not quite -- in that Microsoft Office
labs video:
http://www.istartedsomething.com/20090228/microsoft-office-labs-vision-2019-
video/.

--
Jerome Ryckborst, CUA | UPA member | AIA member |