Hi Chauncey,

Thanks for your reply, you have given me some very valid points to
consider. Overall, the high level goal of this exercise is to start
moving towards a more objective approach to critique within an
organization that has been (for the most part successfully) founded
on genius design. To introduce a common language for that critique is
a major part of that goal. So while I do not expect the technique to
be flawless, I am hoping that it pushes us in a positive direction.

I imagine that at least in the early stages of the evaluations I will
be acting as facilitator so hopefully I will be successful in
communicating and establishing consistent reporting techniques,
severity guidelines and granularity within the issues discovered. I
have not given that enough thought so I appreciate the feedback and I
look forward to that challenge.

On a side note, we also had some good dialogue on the need to modify
the heuristics on a project by project basis. As you mentioned,
heuristics such as guiding and transparent may not fit withing the
given context of a project. I feel that minor adjustments or the
addition/removal of project specific heuristics make sense but
overall I see consistency in the heuristics used as necessary to
establish a common language as well as to work towards internalizing
the heuristics applied. I would be interested in hearing your
thoughts.

Cheers!